Our client offers an amazing culture that is collaborative and fun. Their goals are to help guide and build your path to success whether your passion is analytics, marketing, research or strategy. They reward their people with offers of a uplifting career track with progression of growth. They are independent by nature but backed by a healthy life sciences corporation that allows them to breathe and keep their culture in tack. They are looking for an Associate Medical Director/ MD to join their New York City team!
The Associate Medical Director will be responsible for leading medical content development for multiple projects, including development of various resources and providing input on scientific/medical strategy while working cross-functionally and with a high level of independence.
- Serving as medical point person on assigned accounts
- Developing and writing medical content for multiple and wide-ranging therapeutic areas
- Developing credible content for a full range of deliverables (manuscripts, slide presentations, advisory boards, posters, strategy guides, monographs, etc.)
- Reviewing medical content for scientific accuracy and appropriateness
- Providing medical insights and contributing original ideas during brand planning and strategic development meetings
- Leading discussion of medical content with pharmaceutical clients
- Working closely with all internal teams (account, creative, and editorial) to create content that meets the objectives of strategic imperatives
- Participating in all job-related meetings, including project kick-off meetings, weekly status meetings, and team meetings
- Contributing ideas for brainstorming sessions and participating in new business proposals
- Advanced degree in life sciences required, preferably PharmD or PhD
- experience in developing/writing promotional medical content in a medical communications, pharmaceutical/healthcare advertising agency, medical education, or similar field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Managed care experience is a plus, but not required
- Ability to travel for occasional client meetings