Our independent Medical Communications client is seeking a Medical Writer or a Senior Medical Writer.
They are known for providing the very best healthcare communication solutions, through a deep understanding of science and with innovative strategies that engage and educate healthcare providers.
Vast therapeutic areas include psychiatry, neurology, and dermatology, as well as clients in urology, infectious disease, gene therapy, and hematology.
This client's success is in part due to its ability to build long-lasting relationships with industry and opinion leaders, researchers, and clinicians.
Agency Insight & Culture
The Role You Will Play
- Management deeply involved in the development of its people
- Several career paths within its publications planning focus
- Generous benefits and strives for good work-life balance
- Included in the “Top 100 Agencies 2019” by Medical Marketing & Media
- Produce consistent high quality scientific/medical content for all assigned writing projects (including, among others, abstracts, posters, slides, manuscripts)
- Meet with clients to help develop strategies as well engage with the clients' scientists to gain a complete understanding of the drug or medical device
- Effectively troubleshoot/address questions from clients/authors
- Provide direction and support to medical writers and editors
- Oversee projects to assure accuracy of all written material and annotate data, references, and background scientific/medical information
- Perform literature searches and other research to complete assigned projects and support account teams
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and adhere to GPP2, PhRMA, FDA (including FDAAA), and OIG guidelines
What Employees are Saying
- Great people, friendly atmosphere, excellent teamwork, nice offices
- Laid back atmosphere and you are able to shape the way the agency moves.
- 4.4 stars Glassdoor reviews.
- An advanced biomedical science degree (PhD, PharmD, MD)
- Previous experience with science/medical communications,
- Will consider a fresh Ph.D for a medical writing as well as 3-5 years of experience
- A background in neuroscience, dermatology and oncology is advantageous
Inside scoop -
Recent PhD or post-doc with no agency or business experience would be in the $60-$70K range. 3-5 years of agency experience would be in the $70-$80K range. Upwards of that would be on a case-by-case basis. Any therapeutic area is fine. We do most of our work currently in psychiatry, neurology, and dermatology, but we have clients in urology, infectious disease, gene therapy, and hematology.
We have stayed flexible regarding work from home during COVID. Since the state and city entered phase 4 of reopening, our office has been open for people who want to come in, but many have opted to continue working from home for various reasons (e.g., child care issues, health concerns).
Some account teams agree to come into the office on a given day to make it easier to collaborate. Company meetings were via zoom or Microsoft Meetings during the shutdown, and are now a combination of in-office and zoom.