Our independent Medical Communications client is seeking an Associate Scientific Writer. They are known for providing the very best healthcare communication solutions, through a deep understanding of science and with innovative strategies that engage and educate healthcare providers. Vast therapeutic areas include psychiatry, neurology, and dermatology, as well as clients in urology, infectious disease, gene therapy, and hematology.
This agency's success is in part due to its ability to build long-lasting relationships with industry and opinion leaders, researchers, and clinicians.
- An advanced biomedical science degree (Ph.D., PharmD, MD)
- Must have relevant Medical Communications Writing experience- Academic or Professional
- Will consider a fresh Ph.D. for medical writing
- A background in molecular biology, oncology and neuroscience, dermatology is advantageous
Agency Insight & Culture
- Management deeply involved in the development of its people
- Several career paths within its publications planning focus
- Generous benefits and strives for good work-life balance
- Included in the “Top 100 Agencies 2021” by Medical Marketing & Media
The Role You Will Play
- Produce consistently high quality scientific/medical content for all assigned writing projects (including, among others, abstracts, posters, slides, manuscripts)
- Meet with clients to help develop strategies as well as engage with the clients' scientists to gain a complete understanding of the drug or medical device
- Effectively troubleshoot/address questions from clients/authors
- Provide direction and support to medical writers and editors
- Oversee projects to assure the accuracy of all written material and annotate data, references, and background scientific/medical information
- Perform literature searches and other research to complete assigned projects and support account teams
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and adhere to GPP2, PhRMA, FDA (including FDAAA), and OIG guidelines
What Employees are Saying
- Great people, friendly atmosphere, excellent teamwork, nice offices
- Laid back atmosphere and you are able to shape the way the agency moves.
- 4.4 stars Glassdoor reviews.
Inside scoop -
.Any therapeutic area works. We currently do most of our work in psychiatry, neurology, and dermatology, but we have clients in urology, infectious disease, gene therapy, and hematology.
*hybrid role in Chicago Loop-
The salary range is 70-75 with a 5-15% bonus
15 vacation days, six personal days, eight company holidays
Full-Suite of Benefits