The Strategic Account & Sales Director is a critically important client facing and revenue generating role responsible for securing new business, maintaining and growing current accounts organically, and fostering key decision maker relationships. Successful incumbents to this role will bring a passion for demonstrating true “value-add” to brand teams within the Pharmaceutical Industry and Media Agencies representing brand teams, via industry leading digital and print programs throughout the United States.
Agency Insight and Culture
What Employees are Saying | Glassdoor Reviews 3.9 STARS
- 2020 – 2021 Great Place to Work
- 2020 Hermes Creative Award
- 2020 Marcom Award
- 2020 National Health Information Award
- Take your ego’s and check them at the door with this agency
- Roll up your sleeves in this entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Bring your teamwork, collaboration and creativity – this is NOT a cookie cutter agency!
The Role You Will Play
- ”Week off between winter holidays, 5 summer Fridays off, employee "relaxation" day”
- “Good place to get your foot in the door. Good people, good culture.”
- “Company is growing in people and revenue.”
- “What a great company to work for. Great atmosphere in the office, friendly yet professional, great benefits, many perks, team building is an essential part of the work environment, wonderful coworkers!”
- “Wonderful experience. The atmosphere and the people are great. I enjoy coming in to work every day. So far my experience has been wonderful. They really care about you as a person and the benefits reflect this.”
- Leverages a professional acumen, and expert level knowledge of HM products & services in delivering captivating partnerships with Pharma brand teams. Provides similar counsel to Media Agencies who represent the overall brand strategy.
- Responsible for development of new opportunities from initial client engagement through deal closure for the pharmaceutical and media agency market AND growing business with existing clients through an organically targeted account augmentation strategy)
- Proactively develops and engages with the VP of Sales for approval of territory and client growth plans, both within Large and Emerging Pharma clients
- Owns, delivers, and preferably exceeds the quarterly and annual sales targets (quotas) for the assigned territory client targets.
- Ability to bring a robust and referenceable list of strong brand team contacts within the Pharmaceutical Industry and within Media Agency Teams representing the brand
- Assures Customer Relationship Management (CRM) accurately reflects daily, weekly client sales activity and proactively develops plans to maximize client facing interaction as the primary engagement activity.
- Maintains and raises awareness of the competitive landscape, providing customer feedback/insights to Internal key stakeholders that can be helpful to the sales organization.
- Participates in trade shows that are pertinent to targeted accounts, with the goal of increased revenue generation.
- Follows up on marketing, alliance & partnership and inside sales teams on leads; provides VP of Sales recommendations on business conditions and landscapes for future penetration.
- Responds to RFPs/RFIs in a timely fashion working collaboratively with account managers, project managers, marketing and others to ensure a professional proposal is delivered on time, and inclusive of all the necessary information needed to give us the best shot at winning the business.
- Coordinates with the analytics and research team to provide ROI analysis of programs to pharmaceutical brands and their respective media agencies.
- Understands all elements of Brand Team Strategic Planning & Tactical execution. Develops a thorough understanding on each client’s business, vision, sales, decision making in order to develop a clear path forward toward delivering on quotas.
- Takes a proactive approach to self-development in order to enhance productivity.
- Performs all job functions in a manner emblematic of the highest ethical standards.
- Completes all required reporting in a timely fashion (i.e., T & E expenses completed monthly, CRM productivity completed daily)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the VP of Sales, President, or CEO
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years’ experience in healthcare media, advertising or sales, with experience selling services into pharmaceutical brand teams and/or pharmaceutical brand media agencies.
- Strongest candidates will bring a demonstrated high-level success in revenue generation as part of a progressive organization within the (but not limited to) Pharmaceutical Services, Advertising, or Media Agency space is highly preferred
- Possess a track record of stable, consistent, and sustained success in their professional career.
- Successful candidates MUST have exceptionally strong brand contacts in the Pharmaceutical Industry (Large and Emerging Pharma clients)
- Consistent track record of achievement against sales/revenue targets.
- A professional acumen that exhibits the highest levels of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) with an understanding that culture and teamwork is paramount to our mission. This level of EQ is extended to customers, peers, cross-discipline departments, and every level of colleagues within the organization.
- Places a premium on positivity, solution orientation in all dealings with key stakeholders; adapt at providing constructive feedback to others and willing to be actively coached by VP of Sales for constant skill development. Critical Importance to being “Internally” Focused of Controlled in their actions.
- Strong business development and account management experience.
- Proficient in CRM, MS Office, sales tools and mobile devices.
- Strong sales metric analysis skills to diagnose and improve performance.
- Demonstrates behaviors and competencies established for a leader.
- High degree of initiative, organization, accuracy, sense of urgency and solution orientation
- Track record that demonstrates personal initiative, and the capability to overcome challenges.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% or more of work week