Our client is a leading consulting life science agency partnering with top, global pharmaceutical and life sciences companies that are developing groundbreaking treatments to make medicines accessible and affordable.
We/They are looking for a Senior Medical Director of Content Services -will lead all aspects of content development, project oversight, and management of Medical Directors and Medical Writers.
Agency Insight & Culture
What Employees are Saying
- Their work excels at supporting clients in their mission of improving care for patients around the globe
- Great team atmosphere. People are comfortable to take charge and work as teammates others can count on delivering extraordinary work
- Amazing career opportunities as agency continues to grow
The Role You Will Play:
- Lots of opportunities for growth and career advancement.
- Leadership is accessible
- A spirit of collaboration infuses the entire team and management.
- Employees are encouraged to be entrepreneurs and are rewarded for it. Work/life balance is respected and encouraged
- Emphasis on employee happiness
- Great PTO policy
- Management goes out of their way to ensure employees feel like they are a part of a family, with social gatherings and team-building exercises
- Manage content services and direct a team of Medical Directors and Writers
- Plan, assign, and direct work to Medical, Copy and Editorial teams
- The content team will be supporting launches and campaigns and the deliverables are slide decks, ad board decks, facilitator's guides, disease state education presentations, patient-focused materials, reprint carriers, scientific message platform, lexicon development
- Attend and facilitate medical/legal/regulatory approval reviews
- Work closely with account, strategic services, creative, and traffic teams
- Serve as a clinical resource for internal teams and clients to address related needs
- Liaise with internal, client and medical/legal/regulatory teams to ensure seamless submission and approval process (e.g., highlighted references and annotations) for project deliverables
- Significant years of experience in medical education/medical communications or similar field
- Advanced degree in life sciences: PhD, PharmD, MD, DO, or other
- Skilled authoring cohesive presentation flows which tell a story versus presenting pure content
- Skilled managing workload of writers; knows how to assign work based on capacity, assess who needs help to narrate a value story vs. helping with annotating.
- Must have worked at an agency - we move at a fast pace
- Must have authored content for global pharma firms. These firms give us a 1 inch manual with notes on how to footnote, annotate, etc. This will be overwhelming if you haven't seen it before.
- Everybody bills - this person will be billable: write their own content, write outlines for their team, review team content, interact with clients.
- Prefer someone who has been client-facing - presented, engaged in phone calls, etc.
- Experience with oncology preferred