Our independent, well-established Medical Communications client is seeking a Senior Medical Director
They are known for providing the very best healthcare communication solutions, through a deep understanding of science and with innovative strategies that engage and educate healthcare providers.
Vast therapeutic areas include psychiatry, neurology, and dermatology, as well as clients in urology, infectious disease, gene therapy, and hematology.
This client's success is in part due to its ability to build long-lasting relationships with industry and opinion leaders, researchers, and clinicians as well long tenured team members.
Agency Insight & Culture
The Role You Will Play
- Management deeply involved in the development of its people
- Several career paths within its publications planning focus
- Generous benefits and strives for good work-life balance
- Included in the “Top 100 Agencies 2019” by Medical Marketing & Media
What Employees are Saying
- Manage multiple pharmaceutical accounts, including development of short- and long-term publication strategies and key communication objectives; specialization in areas of neurology, hematology, oncology, and gene therapy.
- Maintain direct contact with ongoing clients and develop relationships through new business opportunities
- Oversee account budgets to meet revenue goals
- Draft and edit publications of clinical trial data, including manuscripts, posters, and slide presentations; draft and edit internal training documents and educational modules on disease state background and clinical programs
- Provide cross-functional support with project managers and training for medical writers, providing strategic guidance for the dissemination of clinical data to meet education and promotional objectives during various stages of drug development.
- Publication planning, project management, and data analyses.
- Meet with clients to help develop strategies as well engage with the clients' scientists to gain a complete understanding of the drug or medical device
- Provide direction and support to medical writers and editors
- Oversee projects to assure accuracy of all written material and annotate data, references, and background scientific/medical information
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and adhere to GPP2, PhRMA, FDA (including FDAAA), and OIG guidelines
- Great people, friendly atmosphere, excellent teamwork, nice offices
- Laid back atmosphere and you are able to shape the way the agency moves.
- 4.4 stars Glassdoor reviews.
- An advanced biomedical science degree (PhD, PharmD, MD, DO)
- CMPP a big plus
- Pharma ad agency experience required; publication planning experience ideal
- Previous experience 8+ years with science/ medical communications
- A varied therapeutic background, including neuroscience, dermatology and oncology is advantageous