We are looking for a strong VP Business Development & Strategy
who can support the President in the growth, development, and expansion of educational programs that continues to drive the agency into the future as a worldwide CME leader in the oncology and multispecialty (non-oncology) therapeutic areas, both within the US and Ex-US environments.
Agency Insight and Culture
The Role You Will Play
- Exceptional BONUS
- Hands down, best leadership you will ever find
- Friendly, collaborative, transparent culture with easily-accessible leadership
- Double digit growth last year
- Doer culture – “If you dream it, we will do it”
- Strong healthcare, benefits, vacation, and 401K
- Business Development:
- Proactively identify, develop, and drive longer-term strategies and initiatives that will result in profitable growth for the businesses of oncology & multispecialty in the US and Ex-US markets.
- Manage and expand the exposure in the marketplace, as well as manage relationships with supporters and Key Opinion Leaders
- Regularly analyze the therapy areas and business environment to keep current on market trends, challenges, and opportunities
- Develop and update revenue forecasts/targets
- Scientific Content:
- Leverage the medical affairs group in the development of educational grant request of the highest scientific quality
- Guide content management, including timelines that adhere to planned milestones and program objectives/deliverables
- Ensure that content in CME activities adheres to the highest standards of CME
- Shared Services:
- Supports program implementation objectives by working with Shared Services in establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course adaptations.
- Coordinates efforts to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency by leveraging internal teams.
- Review and monitor all milestones for compliance and completion; report internal/external progress on short- and long-range initiatives.
- Provide continuous vision & insight to marketing/audience generation to Agency’s key stakeholders of pharma clients, HCPs, and faculty
- General Management
- Fulfill requests by the President to support business growth and evolution
- Provide vision and leadership in long-range company planning.
- Interacts with internal and external clients, faculty, ambassadors, and partners as necessary.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through professional development; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Reporting directly to the President of the Agency.
- Minimum of BA/BS degree from an accredited four-year college or university. Advanced degree preferred.
- Full-time presence in the NJ Headquarters
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication
- Moderate travel (15% to 25%), based on time of year, client meetings, Agency meetings, and society meetings.
- Understanding of the sales proves and proven ability to drive significant revenues in a competitive environment
- Understanding of the CME industry
- Pharmaceutical experience a plus (not device)
- Strong sales background, with knowledge of pharma therapies (i.e.vendor-side sales director for CME or Med Comms that has been selling to pharma would be ideal
- Ability to work on several projects at once while balancing multiple and overlapping timelines; decision-making on operational details relating to established milestones.
- Ability to manage a team to achieve aggressive deadlines with high quality work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients; demonstrated abilities in cross-team collaboration with others.
- Ability to assess workload and suggest prioritization to inter-department senior staff; experience in developing standard operating procedures to support future growth.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Project and budget expertise; excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proven process-thinker with analytical abilities.
- Good working knowledge of common Microsoft Office software (ex: Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Upbeat and enthusiastic professional outlook.