The Senior Medical Editor is responsible for the editorial integrity of all pieces developed and produced by our medical communications agency.
This position is open to fully remote.
This position ensures all pieces are grammatically and factually flawless and that they comply with AMA style, client style, and FDA rules and regulations. The Senior Medical Editor contributes to the fullest extent of their knowledge and understanding toward maintaining the highest levels of quality control. This position reports to the Editorial Supervisor and Group Editorial Supervisor and Director. Specific responsibilities include:
- Edits initial round of jobs for all assigned accounts for content as well as for AMA style, client style, FDA rules and regulations, grammar, spelling, consistency within the piece, and among related pieces within a campaign
- Fact-checks initial round of jobs and subsequent rounds as necessary (has the ability to understand scientific and medical data to ensure copy accurately represents the source from which it was taken)
- Ensures the quality of format and visual quality of layout
- Performs all editorial reviews (i.e., initial full-edit through release), including copyedits, W4Ws, fact-checks, and check changes at designated times in the job life cycle
- Creates and maintains comprehensive style guides for all assigned accounts
- Follows through with freelance on their work to ensure editorial quality. This may include tracking of individual job deadlines, and review of jobs on which he or he is Editor of Record
- Assists as a training resource for freelance or newer employees