We are looking for a strong Director or VP, Medical Strategy/Grants who can assist the Hem/Oncology Business Development
team in the development and management of Needs Assessments (Medical Gap Analyses) for use in grant proposals for funding of continuing education activities in the hem/oncology space. This position is a leadership role which REQUIRES presence in the NJ office at least 2x per week.
Agency Insight and Culture
The Role You Will Play
- Offers flex and remote opportunities (dependent on the role)
- Exceptional BONUS
- Hands down, best leadership you will ever find
- Friendly, collaborative, transparent culture with easily-accessible leadership
- Double digit growth last year
- Doer culture – “If you dream it, we will do it”
- Strong healthcare, benefits, vacation, and 401K
- Supports Medical Affairs Team in managing requests related to CME proposal development. Examples include but are not limited to the following:
- Identifying areas of clinical and educational need for CME programming, developing program agendas, writing Medical Gap Analyses for inclusion in educational grant proposals, medical educational program-related tasks, and fact checking highly scientific educational program content.
- Managing timelines and processes for internal and external/freelance medical writers
- Collaborate with the Educational Strategy / Business Development team to achieve business and revenue goals through detailed proposal development and strategic client/supporter meeting (in-person and via teleconference)
- Interacts with external faculty to drive strategy and new business
- Takes responsibility for managing day-to-day workload for assigned tasks
- Keeps abreast of current data, trends, medical writing/regulatory knowledge, developments and important advances in therapeutic areas for which the company focuses its educational programming and proposals for grant funding
- Complies with Company SOPs and participates in the implementation of new SOPs.
- Lead the medical writers in creating out grants (outside of oncology).
- Write perhaps 10% of the overall grant volume, but mostly manage the strategy and team (including freelancers) to drive new revenues (the BD team will hunt down leads)
- Be accountable for ensuring grant content is relevant and on point.
- Reporting directly to the President of the Agency.
- Advanced professional degree (MS, PharmD, MD, PhD, DO) a MUST
- 5 years of experience in Medical Communications or Pharmaceutical industry equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in medical writing/content development and grant development of oncology/hematology that is ready to take the next step as a team leader
- Presence in the NJ office REQUIRED at least 2x per week
- Occasional travel (15-20%)
- Strategic understanding of the role CME has in the overall medical communication plan of pharma grantors
- Ability to analyze major therapeutic areas and determine specific clinical and educational gaps that justify the rationale for CME programming
- Excellent standard of written English, and ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to work on several projects at once while balancing multiple and overlapping timelines
- Ability to assess workload and suggest prioritization to senior staff
- Demonstrated abilities in collaboration with others and independent thought
- Knowledge of regulations relevant to medical writing and CME guidelines
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint