We are looking for a strong Associate Medical Director – Medical Director to develop strong content in the hematology/oncology space with CME experience. This is hands down the most passionate medical communications agency on earth!
The Role You Will Play
- Best leadership team you will find
- Friendly, collaborative, transparent culture with easily-accessible leadership
- Double digit growth last year
- Doer culture – “If you dream it, we will do it”
- Strong healthcare, benefits, vacation, and 401K
Leads content development for assigned programming, including live educational events and ancillary activities; develops educational Needs Assessments (Medical Gap Analyses) for inclusion in grant proposals for solicitation of funding of continuing education programming; and provides relevant outcomes reports for activity evaluation. Drives implementation of content to ensure the highest quality.
- Supports the Medical Affairs team in content strategy and execution
- About 80% focused on CME program implementation and 20% on grant writing
- Must have some oncology experience
- Provides high-level scientific input in planning/developing educational programming and grant proposals with key opinion leaders in oncology
- Determines outcomes measures for proposals that are program- and grantor-specific and assures outcomes of executed programs are delivered as promised for secured grants
- Creates outcomes questions and write medical summaries that analyze and report outcomes
- Identifies areas of clinical and educational need for CME programming, writing Medical Gap Analyses for inclusion in educational grant proposals, medical educational program-related tasks, and fact checking highly scientific educational program content. May also draft text for educational materials (e.g. copy and slides) used in CME programming
- Identifies project needs, tracks project timelines and implements program faculty requests
- Interacts with internal and external clients
- Takes responsibility for managing day-to-day workload for assigned tasks
- Keeps abreast of current data, trends, medical writing/regulatory knowledge, developments and important advances in therapeutic areas for which the company focuses its educational programming and proposals for grant funding
- Complies with Company SOPs and participates in the implementation of new SOPs.
- Can be remote. Would come into the HQ 1x per month (or so). Preference to full time onsite.
- Advanced professional degree (MS, PharmD, MD, PhD)
- Must have a history of Management experience in a fast-paced environment, with many direct reports working on multiple projects and priorities
- Strategic understanding of the role CME has in the overall medical communication plan of pharma grantors
- Ability to analyze major therapeutic areas and determine specific clinical and educational gaps that justify the rationale for CME programming
- Ability to work on several projects at once while balancing multiple and overlapping timelines
- Ability to assess workload and suggest prioritization to senior staff
- Knowledge of regulations relevant to medical writing and CME guidelines