We are looking for a strong Associate Medical Director – Medical Director to develop strong content in the Ophthalmology or Dental space with CME experience. This is hands down the most passionate medical communications agency on earth!
The Role You Will Play
- Best leadership team you will find
- Friendly, collaborative, transparent culture with easily-accessible leadership
- Double digit growth last year
- Doer culture – “If you dream it, we will do it”
- Strong healthcare, benefits, vacation, and 401K
Leads content development for assigned programming, including live educational events and ancillary activities; develops educational Needs Assessments (Medical Gap Analyses) for inclusion in grant proposals for solicitation of funding of continuing education programming; and provides relevant outcomes reports for activity evaluation. Drives implementation of content to ensure the highest quality.
- Supports the Medical Affairs team in content strategy and execution
- About 80% focused on CME program implementation and 20% on grant writing
- Must have some Ophthalmology or Dental experience
- Provides high-level scientific input in planning/developing educational programming and grant proposals with key opinion leaders in Ophthalmology
- Determines outcomes measures for proposals that are program- and grantor-specific and assures outcomes of executed programs are delivered as promised for secured grants
- Creates outcomes questions and write medical summaries that analyze and report outcomes
- Identifies areas of clinical and educational need for CME programming, writing Medical Gap Analyses for inclusion in educational grant proposals, medical educational program-related tasks, and fact checking highly scientific educational program content. May also draft text for educational materials (e.g. copy and slides) used in CME programming
- Identifies project needs, tracks project timelines and implements program faculty requests
- Interacts with internal and external clients
- Takes responsibility for managing day-to-day workload for assigned tasks
- Keeps abreast of current data, trends, medical writing/regulatory knowledge, developments and important advances in therapeutic areas for which the company focuses its educational programming and proposals for grant funding
- Complies with Company SOPs and participates in the implementation of new SOPs.
- Can be remote. Would come into the HQ 1x per month (or so). Preference to full time onsite.
- Advanced professional degree (MS, PharmD, MD, PhD) with at least 10 years of experience in Medical Communications or Pharmaceutical industry equivalent experience
- Must have a history of Management experience in a fast-paced environment, with many direct reports working on multiple projects and priorities
- Strategic understanding of the role CME has in the overall medical communication plan of pharma grantors
- Ability to analyze major therapeutic areas and determine specific clinical and educational gaps that justify the rationale for CME programming
- Ability to work on several projects at once while balancing multiple and overlapping timelines
- Ability to assess workload and suggest prioritization to senior staff
- Knowledge of regulations relevant to medical writing and CME guidelines
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint