We are looking for a Strategic Accounts & Business Development Lead
for a significant portion of the organization’s business and, as a result, has full P&L responsibility for their client portfolio. In addition, contributes to the overall leadership and direction of the account directors and high level client management. This person is expected to generate revenue from existing accounts as well as bring in new accounts.
Strong experience in managing medical communications teams is a must.
*COVID NOTICE: There is NO return date to the office until there is a vaccine. Moving forward the agency will offer remote/flex work depending on experience*
Agency Insight and Culture
- This is a small agency where leadership are heavily involved and invested.
- Great job of promoting from within, providing feedback and letting employees know how to get to the next level. Employees dictate what their career paths look like.
- Never had layoffs due to loss in business and never been fired by a client
- Don’t want to hire based on what they see on paper, but experience and how well they fit with the team.
- Great environment, good teams, everyone has a voice, and people feel secure.
- Currently piloting a program that allows WFH every other Friday after 3 – 6 months of employment.
- Big on work life balance. You don’t do your best work when you are running 120 mph. Our philosophy is let’s get the day started early so we can leave at a respectable hour.
- Happy hours, company picnics, yoga, morning bagels
The Role You Will Play
- “Client diversity; I get to move around and work on different projects, with different clients...keeps it fun and has allowed me to get promoted! The teams are passionate and help each other out! fun group of people. Definitely good work/life balance.”
- “Really good teams, stable company, nice culture and good work/life balance.”
- “People really care about delivering excellence for the client. No time sheet recording...focus on client, not billability.”
- P&L Management – Ensures overall profitability of the business unit.
- Client Communication & Satisfaction – Builds and maintains client relationships. Anticipates client needs and proactively ensures that the team addresses those needs to ensure complete client satisfaction.
- Project Planning & Execution – Works with his/her supervisor, project and scientific team to coordinate resources to ensure appropriate account support and communication. Drives quality project implementation (defined as on target, on time, on budget).
- Business Expansion/Business Development - Gain access and sell programs to new disease areas within existing accounts as well as bring new accounts into the organization.
- Financial – Works with account, project and finance team to ensure the overall profitability of each account, and the business unit overall. Provides routing financial forecasts to Management and oversees the allocation of resources to ensure profitable, quality delivery. Facilitates the reporting of financial records to client on a regular basis.
- Content – Has a very good grasp on the science/data and strategic outlook for each brand in the business unit. Guides and oversee the scientific resources, account and PM teams, to ensure that the delivery is both scientifically sound and strategically relevant. Is proactive in driving high level recommendations and serves as the overall strategic lead to the clients and internal teams.
- Training and Development – Recruit, hire, train and develop appropriate staff (Account Directors / Account Managers / Project Managers / Coordinators) as needed to run the business unit
- Other – Completes all relevant other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization as determined by the company President.
- Maintain an annual budget of contract revenue: ~$3MM - $5+MM
- Oversees 3-5+ accounts
- Reports to the President
- MUST have an extensive network of contacts to bring to the agency
- MUST have strong Psychiatry/Depression experience
- Have a track record of winning large pieces of business – in the millions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years in Medical Education, with at least 3 years in senior level account leadership positions
- Ability to travel (up to 30%)
- Work full time and have a presence at each client and in the home office in Bernardsville NJ
**Candidates must have PROMO MED ED
experience to be considered for this role. Client-side candidates will not be considered at this time.**