We are looking for a strong Sr. Medical Writer or AMD who has a strong background in Med Affairs or Med Ed with expertise in Multiple Sclerosis and/or Type 2 Diabetes
*COVID NOTICE: There is NO return date to the office until there is a vaccine. Moving forward the agency will offer remote and/or flex options for this position.
Agency Insight and Culture
- This is a small agency where leadership are heavily involved and invested.
- Great job of promoting from within, providing feedback and letting employees know how to get to the next level. Employees dictate what their career paths look like.
- Never had layoffs due to loss in business and never been fired by a client
- Don’t want to hire based on what they see on paper, but experience and how well they fit with the team.
- Great environment, good teams, everyone has a voice, and people feel secure.
- Ability to work in the office OR be remote (must be able to work on east coast time schedule if remote).
- Big on work life balance. You don’t do your best work when you are running 120 mph. Our philosophy is let’s get the day started early so we can leave at a respectable hour.
- Happy hours, company picnics, yoga, morning bagels
The Role You Will Play
- “Client diversity; I get to move around and work on different projects, with different clients...keeps it fun and has allowed me to get promoted! The teams are passionate and help each other out! fun group of people. Definitely good work/life balance.”
- “Really good teams, stable company, nice culture and good work/life balance.”
- “People really care about delivering excellence for the client. No time sheet recording...focus on client, not billability.”
- Responsible for developing content that supports therapeutic areas & product positioning of pharmaceutical, biotech & medical device clients
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to manage workloads under strict timelines.
- Content – Provides strategic alignment, ensures medical accuracy, and accepts responsibility for the scientific content in a variety of projects, including but not limited to: advisory boards, promotional slide decks, and publications.
- Account Team Communication & Satisfaction Works to understand the Account and Project Team needs and proactively addresses those needs to ensure complete client satisfaction. Ensure the highest levels of quality control and client service.
- Project Planning & Execution – Work with Management, project and account team to coordinate resources to ensure appropriate scientific support and communication. Maintains scientific integrity of content during project implementation
- Proposal Development – Develop scientific basis for strategically focused communication plans to support product marketing goals and objectives. Use therapeutic expertise and commercial awareness to support proposal development and understanding across the account team.
- Business Expansion/Business Development –Develop and present scientific rationale for proposals in a credible, insightful manner.
- Financial – Accurately estimate project hours for completion of projects as defined in work orders. Accurately complete timesheets and monitor time on projects.
- Training and Development – Identify and deliver scientific training as necessary across account teams. Support the training and management of other writers and support staff, whether on staff or freelance personnel.
- Other – Complete all relevant other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization as determined by the company President.
- Reports to the Medical Director
- PhD, PharmD or MD level with proven experience working in Medical Communications
- Experience of recent experience developing promo med ed content in the MS space.
- Candidate must have strong med ed experience (developing promo slide decks, ad board decks, etc) and be willing to create content (this position is not only about strategy and oversight (90% development, 10% strategy)
- Proven experience working in the promotional medical education industry and will have a clear understanding of content production (promotional slide presentations, Advisory Board Development & Executive Summaries, scientific slide decks, medical scripts, patient case studies, etc.).
- Quickly analyze and assimilate new clinical markets, therapeutic areas, and product information to support product positioning, differentiation, and marketing strategy.