We are looking for a Project Manager to be the hub of this growing promotional medical education agency in NJ!
Agency Insight and Culture
- This is a 40+ agency where leadership are heavily involved and invested.
- Great job of promoting from within, providing feedback and letting employees know how to get to the next level. Employees dictate what their career paths look like.
- Never had layoffs due to loss in business and never been fired by a client
- Don’t want to hire based on what they see on paper, but experience and how well they fit with the team.
- Great environment, good teams, everyone has a voice, and people feel secure.
- Big on work life balance. You don’t do your best work when you are running 120 mph. Our philosophy is let’s get the day started early so we can leave at a respectable hour.
- Happy hours, company picnics, yoga, morning bagels
The Role You Will Play
- “Client diversity; I get to move around and work on different projects, with different clients...keeps it fun and has allowed me to get promoted! The teams are passionate and help each other out! fun group of people. Definitely good work/life balance.”
Teams really support each other and are in it together; management truly cares about employees well being and is always willing to make adjustments to do things better, within reason and if they can; great perks like Summer Fridays, giveaways (sunglasses), company events (when things were live), charity events/support, etc. Very stable book of business - growing and lots of new business opportunity. Diversified clients give a lot of confidence in future of company
- “Really good teams, stable company, nice culture and good work/life balance.”
- “People really care about delivering excellence for the client. No time sheet recording...focus on client, not billability.”
- Overseeing the timely, quality delivery of a portfolio or medical communications projects
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers, staff, suppliers, clients, physicians, and other relevant groups associated with overall project/account delivery
- Supports the Account Director/Senior Account Director in generating revenue from existing accounts and, in some cases, new accounts.
- Assumes responsibility for overall scope of each project, develops plans/timelines/budgets, and drives projects to timely, quality delivery.
- Anticipates client needs and proactively addresses those needs to ensure complete client satisfaction.
- Works with account management, project management and scientific team to coordinate resources to ensure appropriate account support and communication.
- Works with account and project team to ensure the delivery of each project relative to budget, and the overall profitability of the account. This could include the tracking and reconciliation of hours. Is able to independently reconcile projects in a timely manner. Helps to facilitate the reporting of financial records to client on a regular basis.
- Supports Account Team in the development of proposals/budgets to implement creative educational programs.
- Works with Account Director/Senior Account Director to help select and hire appropriate staff, delegate as appropriate, train and develop Coordinators on a routine basis.
- Develop a clear and full understanding of evolving medical education policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Interact with third parties (professional organizations/societies) as appropriate.
- Oversees 5-10 concurrent projects, depending on the scope
- Management 1-3+ accounts, depending on the scope
- Reports to the Account Director/Senior Account Director
- med ed agency experience preferred (not pubs, or speakers bureau) for projects such as speaker training, ad boards, product theaters, and promo decks
- Understanding of a variety of therapeutic categories
- Complete and comprehensive knowledge of the professional education process
- Experience with Veeva a PLUS