The Medical Writer is responsible for providing research and writing support to assigned brand teams and new business efforts. Projects range across therapeutic areas and include publications in professional journals, abstracts, scientific posters, slide presentations, meeting reports, and other materials requiring sound clinical judgment and excellent writing skills.
Agency Insights & Culture
What Employees are Saying |
- Founded in 2005 by a medical doctor, this New Jersey based medical communications agency has consistently grown over the years starting with a team of 8 to today's team of 110 brilliant people
- They have built a powerful team of medical folks holding advanced degrees and averaging 15+ years of expertise in a diverse range of therapeutic areas
- Their highly collaborative environment offers plenty of opportunity for growth with multiple offices, including overseas locations
- Communicating, believing, and living their corporate Core Values with a Commitment to Excellence, they proactively build strong and lasting client relationships
- Folks here are thoughtful of others and do whatever it takes while being humbly confident and having fun!
- It is an environment of constant learning with unlimited professional development opportunities
The Role You Will Play
- “Their people are highly intelligent and very good at their jobs”
- “My boss is amazing, she pushed me to increase my skills and this is a superb learning environment”
- “The owners are amazing and want you to succeed in your position”
- “The company has a remote working policy for most of the staff”
- “The management strives to bring everyone together several times a year so that people can get to know their colleagues better (and have a good time -- they throw great parties)”
- Support assigned brand teams and new business efforts researching and writing using sound clinical judgement an excellent writing skills
- Be mentored by Medical Directors who are committed to ensuring your continued professional growth across
- Understand and develop medical and marketing concepts through critical analysis of data, distill complex technical information for a variety of medical audiences, contribute to proposals, and edit documents
- Contribute to a range of projects including publications in professional journals, abstracts, scientific posters, slide presentations, meeting reports, and other materials
- Work directly with clients and various internal teams
- Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD) in life or health sciences
- 1+ years of medical writing experience for a pharmaceutical and/or medical communications agency
- Expertise in publications planning
- Expertise in CNS/Neuroscience (schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, migraine, pain), Rare Disease, Oncology, Rheumatology/Immunology, Dermatology (medical and cosmetic) puts you at the head of the list!
- Expertise in HEOR is a plus!
- Expertise in organization and project management
- Meticulous attention to detail, and understanding of medical terminology and statistical methods