We are looking for a strong VP Medical Strategy/Grants who can assist the “Multispecialty” (Non-Oncology) Business Development
team in the development and management of Needs Assessments (Medical Gap Analyses) for use in grant proposals for funding of continuing education activities in the multispecialty space. This position is a leadership role which REQUIRES presence in the NJ office at least 2x per week.
Agency Insight and Culture
The Role You Will Play
- Offers flex and remote opportunities (dependent on the role)
- Exceptional BONUS
- Hands down, best leadership you will ever find
- Friendly, collaborative, transparent culture with easily-accessible leadership
- Double digit growth last year
- Doer culture – “If you dream it, we will do it”
- Strong healthcare, benefits, vacation, and 401K
- Supports Medical Affairs Team in managing requests related to CME proposal development. Examples include but are not limited to the following:
- Identifying areas of clinical and educational need for CME programming, developing program agendas, writing Medical Gap Analyses for inclusion in educational grant proposals, medical educational program-related tasks, and fact checking highly scientific educational program content.
- Managing timelines and processes for internal and external/freelance medical writers
- Collaborate with the Educational Strategy / Business Development team to achieve business and revenue goals through detailed proposal development and strategic client/supporter meeting (in=person and via teleconference)
- Interacts with external faculty to drive strategy and new business
- Takes responsibility for managing day-to-day workload for assigned tasks
- Keeps abreast of current data, trends, medical writing/regulatory knowledge, developments and important advances in therapeutic areas for which the company focuses its educational programming and proposals for grant funding
- Complies with Company SOPs and participates in the implementation of new SOPs.
- Lead the medical writers in creating out grants (outside of oncology).
- Write perhaps 10% of the overall grant volume, but mostly manage the strategy and team (including freelancers) to drive new revenues (the BD team will hunt down leads)
- Be accountable for ensuring grant content is relevant and on point.
- Reporting directly to the President of the Agency.
- Advanced professional degree (MS, PharmD, MD, PhD, DO) a MUST
- 8 years of experience in Medical Communications or Pharmaceutical industry equivalent experience.
- 5+, 10+ years of experience in medical writing/content development and grant development OUTSIDE of oncology/hematology that is ready to take the next step as a team leader
- Presence in the NJ office REQUIRED at least 2x per week
- Occasional travel (15-20%)
- Strategic understanding of the role CME has in the overall medical communication plan of pharma grantors
- Ability to analyze major therapeutic areas and determine specific clinical and educational gaps that justify the rationale for CME programming